Saltcorn 0.2.3 contains the following enhancements:
- User fields: the user table is editable as any other table, so you can add properties to the user model. This means that the user will have properties which can be any fields including references to other tables and files. By creating an Edit view of the user and specifying it as the new user form in the configuration settings, this form will be shown to new users who sign up so they can set their properties before they get started with using the application.
- Date formatting is now tolerable by default, and there are a few more field view options
- When building a Show view of a database row, several properties in the builder can now be switched to be specified as formulas, that is they can be calculated based on the fields in the database row.
- API: the API can now be accessed with an API token which is issued on a per-user basis
- Translations - Italian translation by fabiograz, who also contributed to reviewing and identifying untranslated aspects of the application.
Most of these improvements were not from my own roadmap, but were requested by users - thanks to everyone who contributed!
For the next release, work will focus on actions, which will be provided by plug-ins and triggered from the UI, from table changes, or a scheduler.